By Jung I. Park MD PhD FACS, Dean M. Toriumi MD
This specific how-to atlas provides in-depth, specified, richly illustrated assurance of beauty surgeries that observe particularly to the Asian sufferer. Dr. Park, a pioneer during this box, in addition to Dr. Toriumi and a number of worldwide specialists current strategies for and pitfalls of plastic surgery within the Asian inhabitants. within, you can find assurance of options no longer usually present in different Asian plastic surgery texts, together with the only suture approach and the debulking process for double eyelid surgical procedure · anatomy for maxillofacial surgical procedure · premaxillary aid · and more.
- Discusses the anatomic changes among humans of eu descent and the Asian sufferer.
- Covers capability difficulties particular to Asian sufferers, together with uneven eyelid creases · undesirably formed eyelid crease · hollowness · "Westernization" · overly excessive eyelid crease · a number of creases · eyelid ptosis · scarring after epicanthal fold surgical procedure · and extra.
- Features augmentation rhinoplasty―covering either using alloplastic fabric and organic grafts
- LDetails the one suture approach and the debulking strategy for double eyelid surgical procedure · anatomy for maxillofacial surgical procedure · premaxillary aid · mandibulogram · aesthetic facial skeletal surgical procedure · cheek dimple production · mandible perspective relief · and Botox injection for masseteric hypertrophy.
- Uses 750 illustrations―most in complete color―that depict each nuance of each approach so that you can quick clutch every one concept.
With 23 individuals.
Read or Download Asian Facial Cosmetic Surgery PDF
Best surgery books
Clerkship virtue may be yours. each one identify during this new sequence packs all of the details for a middle clerkship rotation into simply 320 pocket-sized pages. an summary layout with 1000's of evaluate questions, full-color illustrations, sidebars, and appendices is helping you discover the knowledge you want to be aware of to outlive the rotation, excel at the shelf examination, and prevail at the USMLE Step 2 examination.
The belief in the back of this e-book is to provide a completely entire and hugely illustrated “how to” technical reference guide, demonstrating surgeries in a step-by-step demeanour. This booklet additionally covers review and investigations, yet makes a speciality of the surgical and non surgical administration of all element of maxillofacial trauma.
This Atlas makes a speciality of the outline of methods and surgical recommendations used to regard the full spectrum of esophageal illnesses. Surgical “pearls” and the best way to choose and practice the proper operation are incorporated and established either on evidence-based info and the event of the Editors. step by step descriptions of 14 operative techniques in esophageal surgical procedure are supplied.
Extra info for Asian Facial Cosmetic Surgery
This is because the skin is more compressed in the medial third of the eyelid. Upon careful examination of the eyelid, a faint line is visible parallel to the ciliary margin at about the level of the marking. Often, the author draws a line along or parallel to this natural line, which may be the vestige of an unformed supratarsal crease (Figure 6-5, A and B). The marking stops approximately 3 to 4 mm from the medial canthus. When the epicanthoplasty is performed, the line stays parallel to the ciliary margin even beyond the medial canthus level.
4. Matsunaga RS: Westernization of the Asian eyelid, Arch Otolaryngol 111:149, 1985. 5. Hiraga Y: Blepharoplasty in orientals. Problems in plastic and reconstructive surgery, JOURNAL TITLE 1:504, 1991. 6. Chen WPD: Revision and correction of suboptimal results. In Chen WPD, ed: Asian blepharoplasty, Newton, MA, 1995, Butterworth-Heinemann, p 84. 7. Lee JS: Simpliﬁed anatomic method of double-eyelid operation: septodermal ﬁxation technique, Plast Reconstr Surg 100:170, 1997. 8. Park JI: Orbicularis-levator ﬁxation in double-eyelid operation, Arch Facial Plast Surg 1(Apr-June):90-95, 1999.
Evert the tarsus, and use a caliper to measure the central width of the tarsal plate. ) Carefully transcribe it onto the external skin surface over the central part of the eyelid skin (Figure 5-1). This point directly overlies the superior tarsal border and will serve as a reference point for the overall crease height along the central third of the eyelid, regardless of whether the crease shape is to be nasally tapered, parallel, or laterally flared. Trapezoidal debulking of the preaponeurotic platform is essential to clear any redundant tissues along the superior tarsal border of the upper eyelid so that a proper vectoring can occur between the distal components of the levator aponeurosis and the skin during both straight-ahead gaze and upgaze to create a lid crease.