By Stephen G. Whittaker PhD FAAO OTR/L CLVT, Mitchell Scheiman OD FCOVD FAAO, Debra A. Sokol-McKay MS OTR CDE SCLV CLVT
Low imaginative and prescient rehabilitation is speedily starting to be as a forte perform for occupational therapists. This progress calls for functional, evidence-based info at the overview and therapy of the consequences of low imaginative and prescient on occupational functionality. Responding to this desire, Low imaginative and prescient Rehabilitation: a pragmatic advisor for Occupational Therapists blends criteria of perform which were constructed over 50 years by means of low imaginative and prescient therapists and optometrists, with the most recent medical study and the original viewpoint of occupational therapists.
Low imaginative and prescient Rehabilitation provides an rising version within which occupational therapists perform as a part of a workforce of imaginative and prescient rehabilitation pros serving adults with low imaginative and prescient. Occupational therapists supply a different contribution to the imaginative and prescient rehabilitation group, with a spotlight on significant occupational objectives, the incorporation of profession into remedy, and the orchestration of environmental, social, and non-visual own elements right into a therapy plan. Mitchell Scheiman, Maxine Scheiman, and Stephen Whittaker have constructed a realistic and simple textual content outlining an assessment method of interventions that concentrate on getting better occupational functionality in adults.
• comprises innovations from the AOTA Occupational remedy perform Framework: area and Process
• presents many of the center wisdom required for the ACVREP low imaginative and prescient certification exam and AOTA strong point certification in low vision
• contains an occupational treatment imaginative and prescient rehabilitation assessment along with 4 elements: occupational profile/case background, review of visible elements, environmental review, evaluate of occupational performance
• Emphasizes intervention and occasional imaginative and prescient rehabilitation therapy together with amendment of our environment, use of non-optical assistive units, use of optical units, and use of machine technology
• offers invaluable info on how one can commence an self reliant perform in low imaginative and prescient rehabilitation
• contains chapters on diabetic administration and digital assistive technology
• contains entry to a spouse web site with printable varieties and extra assets with textual content purchase
Written through authors who're optometrists, occupational therapists, researchers, and authorized low imaginative and prescient therapists (CLVT), Low imaginative and prescient Rehabilitation employs an interdisciplinary point of view that's designated, sensible, and credible.